Friday, August 31, 2007

Listen to Britney Spears' New Single "Gimme More"


To all past and current Britney Spears fans, the mother and singer has officially released her new single called "Gimme More." Radio station Z100 (www.z100.com) has posted her song on their website for everyone to listen to.

In my opinion, this song doesn't stand out anymore than any other flash in the pan. It's simply a way to keep herself in the limelight and possibly direct the attention off of her outlandish behaviors over the past couple of years.

What I think needs to happen with Spears is the idea that she needs to find herself. She is completely lost in her life and has no where to turn except to material things. Even her music is not something to fawn over anymore. What I liked about her was her creativity and originality when it came to her music and videos. My personal favorite song and video of her's is "Stronger." I still enjoy watching it. And as much as people stress that she's not a girl anymore and that she is growing up ... I just can't accept that her constant party behavior, lack of parental care and crazy behavioral antics is part of "growing up." These are events that happen when a star has lost who he or she is and is in desperate need of help. Once she gets back on track, I can honestly say I'll be right there behind her supporting her fully.

On the other hand, credit needs to be given where it's deserved. Had Spears come out with a slow ballad the contest would be over. No one would listen to it. Deciding to at the very least record a fast song may have been a smart choice. The upbeat funky melody is something that could possibly be heard at a bar or club. It's not a bad choice to dance to when you're out for a night on the town.

So, the pop princess is attempting to make a comeback. What do you think of her song? Do you think it's a flash in the pan? A one hit wonder? And will she make a successful comeback??

LISTEN TO BRITNEY'S SONG "Gimme More" HERE!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I expected somthing worse but I actually liked it by the time it ended. I just wish the song was longer and had less gimme's. Definetly something i'll be dancing to in the club. I liked it lots!